Facts of Acute Kidney Injury
Acute kidney disease is a condition when all of sudden kidney stop filtering the waste & flood from blood and waste products start to accumulating inside your blood. Due to sudden failure of the kidney, blood’s chemical may go out of control. It is a serious health condition that may occur without any pre-signal. Acute kidney Injury is being also called acute kidney injury or acute renal failure (ARF) that develops in less than a few days. This problem majorly occurs to those people who are either hospitalized or suffering from a critical health problem.
Acute renal disease is a fatal health condition and it requires intensive treatment. However, the good thing about acute kidney Injury is that this condition is reversible. With proper ayurvedic treatment and care, the normal kidney function can be obtained.
What Are The Different Symptoms of Acute Kidney Disease?
The following symptoms or signs you may confront if you are suffering from the acute kidney disease. Let’s have a look at symptoms:
- Decreased urine output
- Shortness of breath
- Fluid retention, causing swelling in your legs, ankles or feet
- Abnormal heartbeat
- Chest pressure or pain
- Seizures or coma in severe cases
However, it is not necessary for someone to experience the above-mentioned symptoms or signs to have this disease. In many cases, patients have not experienced any symptoms and doctors have discovered the disease with help of lab tests.
What Are The Causes of Acute Kidney Problem?
This disease can occur due to several reasons but the following reasons are among the top reasons for this problem.
- Severe or sudden dehydration
- Acute tubular necrosis (ATN)
- Toxic kidney injury from certain medications or poisons
- Autoimmune kidney diseases, such as interstitial nephritis and acute nephritic syndrome
- Urinary tract obstruction
Besides this the low blood pressure can also lead to kidney damage. The below-mentioned conditions can reduce the blood flow to your kidney.
- low blood pressure
- Critical illness
- Different surgeries
- Heart attack
- Frequent use of aspirin, naproxen sodium, and other related drugs.
- Liver failure
Damage To kidney And Lead Acute Kidney Injury Disease:
The above-mentioned diseases and condition may damage the kidney and lead to acute kidney Injury :
- Due to acute kidney disease, the blood clots start to build in veins and around the kidneys.
- The consumption of alcohol and other drugs may lead to this situation.
- Lupus, an immune-related disease can also be a reason behind this problem.
- Several medicines such as chemotherapy and dyes used during the imaging test.
- Breakdown of tumor cells releases toxic chemicals that may damage the kidney.
Urine Blockage in The Kidneys
There are different types of condition and disease that block the passage of urine out of the body and this may be a reason behind the acute injury problem.
- Bladder cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Colon cancer
- Kidney stones
- Enlarged prostate
- Blood clots in the urinary tract
- Nerve damage that regulate the bladder
- Prostate cancer
What Are Risk Factors Involved in Acute Kidney Problem?
Acute kidney problem can occur due to more than one disease or condition. The following conditions may increase the risk of acute kidney disease:
- Being hospitalized due to some serious health condition.
- Being older can also be reason behind the kidney problems and it can cause acute kidney problem.
- Blockage in the blood vessels of your arms and legs can also be a reason behind acute kidney Injury .
- High Blood pressure: If a person is suffering from high blood pressure problem then the risk of getting acute kidney problem advances.
- Certain cancers
What Are The Complications of Acute Kidney Disease?
Due to acute kidney disease problem several complication build up in body.
Chest Pain: Due to acute kidney problem, you may face the chest pain if the lining that cover your heart get inflammed.
Muscle Weakness: Due to the storage of electrolyte and body fluids- your body chemistry get out of balance, and it leads to muscle weakness.
Permanent Kidney Damage: Sometimes the acute kidney disease may lead to permanent kidney failure. People with permanent kidney damage requires to have dialysis on a regular basis. Dialysis is basically an automatic filtration process used to remove toxins and other waste material from body. The permanent solution of this problem is kidney transplant.
Fluid Buildup: The acute kidney condition result in storage of flood in your lungs which can cause shortness of breath.
Death: Acute kidney problem is a serious health condition that may lead to kidney failure and ultimately to death. Therefore, you should take this problem seriously.
If your symptoms suggest that you are suffering from acute kidney problem, then your doctor would recommend the following tests:
- Urine Tests: Analysing the sample of your urine can help doctors to discover abnormalities in your kidney.
- Blood Test: A sample of your blood can also help in finding out the abnormalities in your kidney.
- Imaging Tests: Your doctor can also prescribe you ultrasound and other computerized test to find out this problem.
It is immensely hard to predict the acute kidney problem or other kidney problems.
But with proper care of your kidney and adopting a healthy lifestyle you can avoid this condition.
- Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle: If you want to avoid kidney problem, then it is recommended to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Eat healthy food including fruits and green vegetables and exercise on a daily basis. Moreover, moderately or don’t consume alcohol at all.
- Work With Doctor To Manage Your Kidney: If you are suffering from any kidney disease, then you should seek advise of your doctor to stay on track with the treatment and don’t get affected by this problem.
Diet-Plan And Home Remedies For Acute Renal Failure:
During your recovery from acute kidney disease, your doctor would recommend a special diet to support your kidney and keep them healthy. Moreover, your doctor would also send you to a dietitian who can analyze your current diet and prepare a special diet plan for you.
Based on your condition, your doctor may recommend you following diet:
Lower Potassium Diet: Your doctor would recommend you to have lower potassium diet that include Apple, Cauliflower, grapes, strawberries and peppers.
Limit Phosphorus: Phosphorus is a mineral that is found in grains oatmeal, bran cereals, dark-colored colas, nuts and peanut butter. However, consumption of too much phosphorus can weaken your bones. Therefore, doctor would recommend you to limit the consumption of phosphorus in your diet.
Avoid Product with Added Salt: Your doctor can advise you to avoid food with added salt from your diet.
What Are the Treatment of Acute kidney Injury?
The treatment of acute kidney problem normally requires a hospital stay. However, how long you stay in the hospital depends upon the treatment and how your kidneys responding to the treatment.
In some cases, patients can get recovered at home.
The treatment of the acute kidney problem is based on discovering the reason behind the kidney problem and then using various treatment methods try to heal it.
Your doctor will also work to prevent the complications and allow your kidneys time to heal.
Medications To Control Blood Potassium: If your kidneys are not able to properly filter potassium from blood then your doctor recommend you certain medicines such as glucose, calcium to stop accumulation of high amount of potassium in your blood. Too much potassium in blood may cause irregular heartbeats and muscle weakness.
Treatment to Balance Fluids in Your Blood: Acute kidney problem can cause the blockage floods in body. And it may lead to swelling in arms and legs of a person. In those cases, your doctor may recommend you to have medicines to expel extra fluids from your body.
Dialysis to Remove Toxin From Blood: Due to not proper elimination of toxins from your blood your doctor would refer you for dialysis. With the help of dialysis, toxins can be removed from your body. Dialysis may also help in filtering the potassium from your blood. In dialysis, a machine pumps out blood from your body and remove wastes from it and then return the blood in body.
How Can Ayurveda Treat Acute Renal Failure?
Ayurveda is ancient science that helps in treating the body & soul of human being. According to Ayurveda, all types of physical problems originates from three doshas named Pitta, Vata and Kalpa. It is being said that kidney is powerful enough to treat itself on its own with the assistance of some natural herbs such as Punarnava, Gokshur, Varun and Shirish. The ayurvedic herbs does not carry any side effects and they are capable enough of solving acute kidney problem.
If you are looking for best ayurveda treatment for acute kidney problem, then you should seek the consultation of AyurvedaYogasharm. It is one of the best center for Ayurvedic kidney treatment in India. It provides a complete natural & effective treatment for kidney and other critical health condition.
Hence, if you are suffering from acute kidney disease or other serious diseases and looking for ayurvedic treatment, then you should seek the consultation of Ayurveda Yogasharm.
Call now to book an appointment: 8448449602