Kidneys are very important organ in human body , it helps in production of urine and remove harmful waste from the body like urea , creatinine , excess sodium and water. It also helps in regulating blood p H ,maintain blood pressure and absorb important components back into blood . The functional unit in kidneys are nephrons.
Nephrons are million in number in each kidney and filtration of all waste products takes place at glomerula of nephron and this filtration rate is regulated by blood pressure and hormones. So GFR (gloremular filtration rate ) in normal person is 90-120 ml/ min , after the filtration in tubules of nephron all important components required for the body are reabsorbed and this way urine is formed and is then passed out the body via urethra .
Kidney failure is the condition in which there is progressive loss in kidney nephron functions which then results in rise of level of urea and creatinine like toxic substances in the blood. These toxic substances are harmful for the human body as they disturb blood p H , electrolyte balance and blood pressure .
TYPES OF KIDNEY FAILURE
WHAT IS ACUTE KIDNEY FAILURE ?
Acute kidney failure is characterized by progressive decline in GFR and rise in blood urea and creatinine level over hours to days.
This condition is usually asymptomatic and patient comes to know this after blood chemistry investigation.
CAUSES OF ACUTE KIDNEY FAILURE
- Severe dehydration
- Low blood pressure
- Due to ACE inhibitors medication
Kidney functions are re-established easily in case of acute kidney failure if damage to kidney is not so severe .But in case if acute condition is prolonged and not treated on time then it will cause death of the patient.
WHAT IS CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE ?
Chronic kidney disease is a spectrum of different pathologies associated with abnormal kidney functions and progressive decline in GFR.
Stages of CKD
There are 5 stages of CKD
CKD1 – when GFR is more than 90ml /min , kidneys function normally , however symptoms like oedema and hypertension may present.
CKD2 – when GFR is 60-89 ml/min , kidney functions are mildly disturbed , symptoms like oedema , hypertension appears as well and also it can cause other complications like acidosis.
CKD3 – when GFR is 30-59ml/min , kidney functions are moderately reduces and vital organs are affected.
CKD4 – when GFR is 15-29 ml /min ,kidney functions are severly affected and it start extending towards end- stage .
CKD5 – when GFR is less than 15 ml/min , kidneys are completely damage , this stage is called as end-renal stage of CKD where the accumulation of toxins , fluids and electrolytes normally excreted by kidneys results in uremic syndrome . this stage leads to death unless toxins are removed by renal replacement therapy.
CAUSES OF CKD
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Severe dehydration
- Severe blood loss
- Multiple myeloma
- Taking nephrotoxic drugs
- Urinary tract obstruction
- Prostate enlargement
- GENERAL SYMPTOMS OF CKD
According to ayurveda , human body has three humor /dosha vata , pitta and kapha and balanced state of these three doshas keep body healthy and imbalance of these three doshas leads to various disorder .kidneys are known as vrikka , it is the root of mutravah srotas (urine carrying channel) and during balanced state of dosha this channel properly works.
But due to false dietary habits and other false activities all three doshas get affected causing abnormality in normal working of this urine carrying channel and vrikka (kidneys) and if situation is not corrected then it will lead to destruction of kidneys and give rise to other kidney related problems.
So to keep the functioning healthy and humor state balanced one must should follow the good diet and follow healthy activities.
DIET already mentioned
WHY TO CHOOSE AYURVEDIC HEALER KIT AT AYURVEDA YOGASHRAM ?
We at ayurvedayogashram provide best herbal medicine for the treatment of chronic kidney disease
Points we focus on –
- We have combination of all those amazing herbs that helps in lowering blood urea and creatinine level.
- We have included medicines that has immune boosting properties , we focus on increasing our patients immunity.
- We focus on the root cause of the disease and provide herbal medications according to the need of our patient.
- Our all medicines are approved by government of India
- Our medicines are properly sealed and information of every ingredient is mentioned on its label .
- We assure 100% safety and results.
MAIN HERBS USED IN OUR PRODUCT
- PUNARNAVA (Boerrhaevia diffusa ) – it is one the very basic drug with wonderful actions , used widely in kidney disorders effectively , it has anti-inflammatory property , it contains punarnavoside glycoside which is found to be very effective in protecting kidneys against many disease having rejuvenation power .
Helps in managing blood pressure , reducing protein high content in urine , and is diuretic in nature.
- GOKSHURA – it is effective in lowering blood sugar levels .also act as mild diuretic effective in urinary tract infections and kidney stones .
gokshur also has anti-inflammatory action and so prevent glomerulonephritis, and helps in maintaining GFR.
- HARITAKI –it helps in improving appetite , immunity , has anti –diabetic and anti-inflammatory actions .it has rejuvenating capacity , reduce oxidative stress and assist in re-establishing normal kidney function.
- NEEM – it helps in purifying blood , has anti-inflammatory and anti-diabetic action. Effective in diabetic patients , reduces kidney damage and helps in reducing toxic compounds like creatinine and blood urea levels , prevent damage to te kidneys.
- DARUHARIDRA -it is helpful in managing kidney disorders due to berberine , it helps in reducing oxidative stress and prevent kidneys from further damage,.
Ayurvedic Medicines for Kidney Failure Treatment:
Ayur Kidney provides the renal kit for treatment for kidney disease.
• Alpha care
• Varunadi Vati
• Nephro Plus